Conference Day 1
8:30 AM - 10:00 AM Pre-Conference Masterclass: Moving from Reactive to Predictive Loss Prevention through Strategic Data Analytics
- Discuss River Island’s journey from reactive, to proactive to truly predictive Loss prevention
- Determine how to eliminate the siloed reporting structures within your business to optimise stock accuracy and reduce shrinkage
- Hear how to use data surrounding both static and dynamic risk factors to identify ‘predictors’ of differing behaviours and outcomes
- Discover how to leverage these ‘predictors’ at an individual store level to proactively anticipate and mitigate potential loss
10:00 AM - 10:30 AM Networking Refreshments & Chairman’s Welcome
10:30 AM - 11:15 AM Interactive Panel Discussion - The Loss Prevention Leader: From investigator to strategist
- What strategic influence can and should LP leaders have, and how can you convince the C-suite of this?
- What strategic-level top-line commitments can and should LP leaders make in addition to their investigative-level bottom-line commitments?
- What is the current perception of LP within your organisation, and are you satisfied with this?
11:15 AM - 12:00 PM How internal collaboration has reduced loss from 1.7% down to 0.18% at Chanel
- Hear how Chanel leverage regular reporting to create hard facts and statistics that inspire the business to change, and empower each of their employees to take personal responsibility for stock loss
- Determine how to move from being internal police to true business partners, and work cross-functionally to build a discreet loss prevention framework that employees and customers are engaged with
- Discover how Chanel have developed creative partnerships and share both situational awareness and actionable intelligence surrounding ORC and fraud across their retail estate to reduce external stock loss
12:00 PM - 12:45 PM Less is More? Strategic resource allocation at Nike
- Determine why and how Nike are shifting their Loss Prevention investments from physical security measures to man hours on the shop floor
- Discover how NIke focus on the top-line, and not just the bottom-line, when allocating resource to add more value to the business
- Establish the ROI of each of your security efforts and calculate the risk-benefit payoff of doing things differently
12:45 PM - 1:45 PM Networking Lunch
Take this chance to deep-dive the issues most pressing to your business with these focused 30-minute discussions, each led by an industry expert. With tables limited to just 12 participants, and time to visit only 3 tables, sign up at point of registration to ensure you get your first choice!
1:45 PM - 3:15 PM Interactive Discussion Groups
IDG A - Leveraging Analytics for Loss Prevention
- Aggregating and capitalising on data from across the supply chain and your retail stores to identify areas of risk
- Analysing data to predict future patterns and trends and proactively reduce loss
IDG B - Optimising Omni-channel Inventory Control
- Increasing stock file accuracy to maximise sales opportunities across all channels
- Leveraging RFID and new technologies to track stock across the omni-channel supply chain
IDG C - Enhancing In-Store Working Practices
- Streamlining in-store loss prevention workloads to improve process compliance
- Developing robust training and reward structures to motivate and incentivise employees to take responsibility for loss prevention
IDG D - Physical Security Measures
- Strategically deploying in-store security technologies to counteract burglary and robbery
- Collaborating with local businesses and the police force to reduce anti-social behaviour and crime
IDG E - Reducing Internal Fraud & Crime
- Analysing internal data to identify operational error vs deliberate wrongdoing by staff members
- Redesigning hiring, incentives and training practices to develop an honest and low-risk employee base
IDG F - Digitally Transforming the Retail Estate
- Balancing a simple customer experience with a secure and low-risk retail environment
- Capitalising on the data generated by in-store digital innovations for process optimisation and profit protection
3:15 PM - 3:45 PM Networking Refreshments and Solution Provider Showcase
3:45 PM - 4:30 PM The Grey Market: Counteracting an emerging internal risk
- Determine why and how grey market activity could be a major source of loss, and learn how to develop close working relationships with suppliers to reduce this
- Establish the opportunities to criminals of an omni-channel customer offering and returns policy on grey market activity, and determine how to moderate this risk
- Discover new on- and off-line investigation methods to identify grey market goods and bring stock back into the fold
4:30 PM - 5:15 PM Interactive Panel Discussion: RFID – a loss prevention silver bullet?
- How can you manage internal expectations of RFID and break down any myths surrounding implementation across your business?
- How can you identify which existing business processes to adapt to accommodate your RFID programme, and which need to be kept consistent?
- How can you ensure a strategic and scalable approach to implementing RFID?
- What technologies do you require to develop your RFID programme – would a single solution or hybrid model work best?